Yesterday, while Doug was in class, I went with the Vietam Personnel Director to see the school where Doug will be teaching and to at least get an outside look at the guest house where we will be living. We were joined by Jeremy & Isaiah Rowley who will be moving to Dalat, Vietnam as soon as Laura finishes with the training.
We went to the very large outdoor market across the street - this is where I will be buying our fruits, vegetables and probably a lot of our meat, fish and eggs. The fish are very fresh, still swimmin in large tubs!! Of course all the meat and fish are cut and cleaned to your order. Also a lot of seafood like crabs and shrimp can be bought here. It's best to go early in the morning for the seafood and meat, fortunately, I'm an early riser!
The vendors were mostly women and very friendly and helpful, I did find one vendor who spoke a little English. The good news is that I saw brocolli, zuchini, eggplant, cabbage, red & green peppers, lots of different greens.....just lots of great fresh vegetables right from the farms. One stand even sold "clean" vegetables - their term for organic. For those of you who know me, it was like finding a treasure! I can't wait to be in our own place and to be able to cook!!
We also met our team mates who will be at the same school, David and Nancy Farnum who arrived back on Monday. We went to their house - a short 3 minute walk from the school and market - for some ice tea and fruit before heading back to the hotel.
Mr. and Mrs. Davenport,
ReplyDeleteGreat to hear about the market. Sounds like my kinda place. It reminds me of the Garden of Eden where everything was fresh and provided for. May this be an encouragment to you when times get tough. Remember that God always provides in His time and that you are truley in one of His Gardens. Grace and Peace.