#10. No honking buses, cabs, cars, and motorbikes!
In Hanoi horns are used as a warning. "Honk, honk, I'm right beside you and I'm coming through!" It's either move over or ride on my front bumper. The beeping is constant and loud from 7am until about 10pm. Any vehicle with a horn has a voice in the traffic.
Call me a "fudgie", I don't care. Just gimme some! Preferably chocolate with black cherries.
#8. "Baby you can drive your car!"
Be forwarned, the Davenports are home and feelin' the need for speed!
#7. Dogs are man's best friend...not lunch.
enuff said.
#6. Walking on the sidewalk is normal and safe.
In Hanoi, the sidewalk is part parking lot, and also an extra lane in the road when traffic is heavy. (and traffic is always heavy.)
#5. Going to the supermarket and not being stared at!
Many times our shopping cart is subject to inspection by old women and kids who can't believe we really eat that much food! I'm often tempted to lie and tell them I'm shopping for my whole village! We buy in quantity and freeze meat - they shop every day.
#4. Grade A American beef, steaks, hamburger, hot dogs. All cooked on the grill!
Guard your grill on July 4th, folks...I'm hungry and aiming to gain some weight (only Doug)!
#3. Moomer's Ice Cream!
Voted Best in the U.S. and now a major part of my weight gaining regimen!
It really is Paradise, after all!
Love you all! Here we come.





Ten reason I'm thankful you went:
ReplyDelete1. Brought glory to Him and furthered His Kingdom
2. Challenged my walk with Him for the better
3. Gave meaning to my prayer and fasting
4. Influenced students my own age
5. Took some AWESOME pics
6. Will have some 'tasty' stories of some of the new food
7. Specifically influenced the young man and women
8. "Tuesday Gang"
9. I now have friends who lived in Vietnam
10. Reminded me how blessed I am to live in this country and county
Pr is with you this day.
Pr is with you this day.
ReplyDeleteawesome list! hope you have a great summer!
ReplyDeleteYou've been on my heart this week! Can't wait to see you both. p.s. loving that top ten list.
ReplyDeletePr is with you as you travel home. Oh Boy, here they come!
ReplyDelete