Two weeks ago we also said goodbye to Joanna & Pak at our Sunday gathering, although I did get to see Joanna one more time at our weekly Bible study on Thursday. They left the very next day for South Korea as Pak's contract in Hanoi was finished. I really got to know Joanna well when she joined our women's Bible study last January. What an amazing prayer warrior; she's one of the most incredible women of faith that I have met. I don't think she realized the impact she had on my personal faith walk. As we sent her from our midst that Thursday morning, there were many prayers and tears. She will be greatly missed by all of us.
Yes, we've been incredibly blessed with relationships here in Hanoi. As we focus on our work with students, He has provided us with the support and fellowship of many from His family who meet each week at the Hanoi International Fellowship. We're so grateful for these friendships. Though they are short in time, they are the enduring "sweet fellowship" of the Word.
"In Thee we trusted, and we were not disappointed."
Pry is with you and your friends this day. I look forward to saying 'hi' to all of them when the True One comes.
ReplyDeleteThoughts, bowed heads and folded hands are with you as you say goodbye to many who touch your hearts. I know He watches over you and smiles. You are both so very precious in His sight. We are honored to have been placed in your path in this life. For that, we give thanks. This week our family will sit together and share what we are thankful for. Your names will be raised before everyone in our moment of sharing. From across the ocean, Happy Thanksgiving, dear friends. Love, Pete and Diane
ReplyDelete