This past weekend I joined with the other "foreign teachers" at the DAV as we mingled with students from the English Clubs in 3 local universities, including our own. It was a beautiful morning for exploring the outdoor exhibit of typical village structures. And I must admit, it brought out the child in us, as well as the students, when we climbed stairs and peeked out windows - like playing in a jungle gym.
One of the other schools has no native English speaking teachers, so those students flocked to us for the chance to practice English. It gives me a joy I can't easily describe, to be with these eager young people. Their smiles come quickly and often; it makes you want to give them your best. It compels you to show them the Father's best!
Though they often look like high school kids, these are university students, preparing to be the next generation of leaders. They have hopes and dreams, but not always optimism. Keep them in your thoughts and ask that they would be filled with joy unspeakable, and power to make those dreams a reality.
Look at these faces and give thanks for them. Heaven rejoices over such as these!

I will be lifting up the students and yourseleves to Him. Wonderful to hear you had a good time at the museum and hey... I like your hat. Go Blue!
ReplyDeletePrying for you both and my Brother and Sister this day.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas my friends.
ReplyDelete